Math Recovery Specialist
Welcome to the 2022 - 2023 School Year!
All teachers who teach mathematics in Jasper County School District are expected to adhere to the expectations for all teachers as well as the expectations for their grade level listed below in the graphic organizer. This list was created using the district’s instructional non-negotiables as well as input from teachers from each grade level.
- Teach the SC College and Career Ready Mathematics Standards with fidelity.
- Use the Math Process Standards to teach the content standards
- Use the district’s curriculum and pacing guide
- Use the Instructional Delivery Framework to plan engaging, rigorous lessons to include the following components:
- Do Now
- Standards and Objectives
- Mini Lesson ("I do")
- Guided Instruction ("We do")
- Independent Practice ("You do")
- Differentiation Strategies
- Small Group Instruction
- Rotation/Learning Stations
- Use common assessments and the data from common assessments to drive instruction
- Use the academic intervention programs based on the tiers in the MTSS plan
- Teach the math vocabulary and use the math language related to the content standards and require all students to use the math language and vocabulary
- Designate an area in your classroom for word walls and accessibility to instructional materials for student use
- Organize and strategically plan small group instruction and differentiation
- Collaboratively plan vertically and horizontally to ensure a smooth progression
- Research best practices and utilize the strategies to ensure a quality, rigorous, engaging teaching and learning process
- Attend and actively engage in math professional development and PLCs conducted by the school and district-level staff
- Work collaboratively with school-based curriculum coaches
Disaggregate school and district data and view each school's improvement plan to determine individual school's needs.
Meet with all stakeholders to share the math recovery plan throughout the 2021 – 2022 school year.
Observe math teachers and provide feedback throughout the 2021 – 2022 school year and develop individual plans for teachers who fall in each tier.
Recommendations and support plans are provided to the administration.
Provide math instructional coaching services based on the schools' and teachers' needs throughout the 2021 – 2022 school year.