Dr. Rechel M. Anderson, a native of Florence County, South Carolina, graduated from West Florence High School,
- Coker College (BA Degree in Elementary Education)
- Winthrop University (MA Degree in Elementary Education)
- Gardner-Webb University (MA Degree in Educational Leadership and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership.
Dr. Anderson’s professional career, which spans nearly two decades in both North Carolina and South Carolina, began as a public school teacher and evolved to an Assistant Principal (elementary and secondary), a Principal, Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Superintendent. Dr. Anderson’s certifications include North Carolina (ElementaryEducation K-6, School Administrator: Principal, School Administrator: Superintendent) and South Carolina (Elementary, Elementary Principal, Secondary Principal, Early Childhood, Superintendent).
Dr. Anderson served as Principal at Hardeeville Elementary School July 2010 - June 2013. With the assistance of her team, Dr. Anderson earned the following awards while at JCSD:
- 2010-2011 Principal of the Year -1st Year as Principal
- 2010-2011 Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) Blue Ribbon Award – (Hardeeville Elementary, [1st Year of Implementation]
- 2011-2012 Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) Banner Award – (Hardeeville Elementary, [2nd Year of Implementation]